The question has come up in regard to where this year’s Florida Dixie Youth Baseball State Tournaments will be held.
There will be five state tournaments held in the State of Florida this year and will be as follows:
• The T-Ball State Tournament (ages 5 & 6) will be held in Mulberry July 5th thru July 9th.
• The AA State Tournament (ages 7 & 8) will be in Marianna June 28th thru July 3rd.
• The AAA State Tournament (ages 9 & 10) will be in Desoto July 12th thru July 17th.
• The O-Zone State Tournament (ages 11 & 12) will be in Spring Hill July 12th thru July 17th. The O-Zone plays 50-foot mound and 70-foot bases with basically the same rules as Middle School Ball.
• The Majors State Tournament (ages 11 & 12) will be in Freeport July 19th thru July 24th. The Majors Division utilizes a 45-foot mound with 60-foot bases and plays closed bases – runners cannot leave the base until the ball crosses home plate, and balks are not called on the pitcher.
Havana, Quincy, Chattahoochee, Sneads, Bristol, Blountstown, Grand Ridge, Altha, Malone and Marianna participate in Dixie Youth Baseball in our area and all are part of District V in the State of Florida DYB.
This year’s Dixie Youth World Series for the AAA, Majors and O-Zone Divisions will be in Lexington, South Carolina August 9th thru August 14th.
This year Dixie Youth will be holding a AA Division World Series July 17th thru July 21st. Theirs will be a Machine-Pitch Division and a Coach-Pitch Division in this World Series. This will be the Inaugural AA Dixie Youth World Series and will be held in Texarkana, Arkansas.
Good luck and safe play to the teams in our area that will be playing for the chance to represent the State of Florida in these tournaments.